Housekeeping training program is competency based short-term training developed by IHTS.
Housekeeping is one of the most important departments in a hotel management that is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the entire hotel property except the kitchen. The department employees are responsible for cleaning the floor, rooms, public places, restaurant, lobby, guest areas, and linen of hotel employees, and guests as well. From a boutique hotel to a small family-run hotel, your standards can influence your housekeeping department.
IHTS provides standard housekeeping training to guide people in Hospitality Industry as well as people who are planning to enter this industry. The training course lasts for the duration of 3 months and focuses on all the necessities of housekeeping services.
The students will be certified by IHTS after the course completion.
During the program students are focused on
- To focus on taking care of the little things for customers.
- To aid in effective emergency response.
- To create good first impressions on customers by creating clean and orderly premises.
- To open doors for deeper safety interactions with customers.
Key Aspects that housekeeping training typically have
- Products/Cleaning Chemicals
- Health and Safety
- Fire Protocol
Duration 3 Months
After completion of program one can be able to
- perform personal grooming
- follow safety measures
- handling equipment
- prepare a chemical solution
- use chemicals properly
- perform basic works of housekeeping
- clean room, bathroom, lobby and restaurant properly
- perform bed-making
- do room arrangement
- report lost and found
- provide proper guest services
- provide turn-down services
- inspect engineering and maintenance
- communicate properly with guests
- develop the business skill required in the housekeeping field