Sushi has gained worldwide popularity as a Japanese cuisine, and Nepal is no exception to this trend. Due to the increasing demand for sushi, there is a growing need for skilled sushi chefs. The International Hotel Training School (IHTS) in Kathmandu offers an exceptional sushi training program tailored for aspiring sushi chefs. In this program overview, we will explore the details of the IHTS sushi training course, including its curriculum, objectives, target audience, and the career opportunities it opens up.
The sushi training class at IHTS is a comprehensive one-month course aimed at providing aspiring chefs with the essential skills and knowledge to create top-notch sushi dishes. The course is taught by experienced sushi chefs who have worked in renowned sushi restaurants in Japan. It is divided into various modules that cover everything from the fundamentals of sushi-making to advanced techniques.
Sushi Training Course Details and Outlines:
The course includes a mix of theory and practical training, focusing on the following topics:
- Introduction to Sushi
- Types of Sushi
- Sushi Rice Preparation
- Selection and Preparation of Fish and Seafood
- Knife Skills
- Basic Sushi Rolls
- Nigiri and Sashimi
- Advanced Sushi Rolls
- Plating and Presentation
- Food Safety and Hygiene
The course is conducted in English and is open to individuals with little to no prior experience in sushi-making.
The primary goal of the sushi training program is to equip aspiring chefs with the necessary skills and knowledge to create high-quality sushi. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare sushi rice using traditional methods
- Select and prepare various types of fish and seafood
- Create different types of sushi rolls, nigiri, and sashimi
- Employ various knife techniques to achieve beautiful and precise cuts
- Present sushi dishes in an aesthetically pleasing manner
- Understand and adhere to food safety and hygiene regulations and practices
Eligibility for Admission:
The sushi training class is perfect for individuals aspiring to become sushi chefs or improve their culinary expertise. It is also well-suited for:
- Professional chefs seeking to add sushi-making to their skillset
- Restaurant owners interested in incorporating sushi into their menus
- Food enthusiasts eager to learn sushi-making for personal use
- Individuals aspiring to start their own sushi business
- Recent high school graduates and working professionals aiming to switch careers or improve their expertise
- Those seeking opportunities for employment or migration visas to countries like Australia, Canada, American/European cruise ships, and Middle Eastern countries.
Career Opportunities After Completing the Sushi Training:
Upon successful completion of the sushi training class at IHTS in Kathmandu, participants can pursue careers as sushi chefs in various settings, including:
- Sushi restaurants
- Japanese restaurants
- Hotels and resorts
- Cruise ships
- Catering companies
- Food trucks and pop-up shops
Moreover, sushi chefs can explore entrepreneurship and start their own sushi businesses or work as freelance sushi chefs. The demand for skilled sushi chefs is high, offering excellent salary prospects and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
To summarize, the sushi training program offered by IHTS in Kathmandu is an outstanding opportunity for individuals aspiring to become sushi chefs or enhance their culinary skills. The comprehensive course, led by experienced professionals, covers all aspects of sushi-making, from basics to advanced techniques, preparing participants for diverse and rewarding career paths in the culinary world.